The primary responsibility of this position is to independently perform scheduled maintenance and inspections to various equipment types at customer sites.
- Check the equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, comply with PPE requirements, and otherwise prepare for duties.
- Uses manuals, repair manuals, parts manuals, parts diagrams to perform scheduled maintenance and inspection of heavy equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Climbs up onto, under, & into equipment to gain access to all parts of machine.
- Uses miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems.
- Uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint equipment.
- Manage personal work schedule (to include billing out time with limited expense hours, completing and submitting associated paperwork, i.e.: timecard, service reports, parts usage reports.
- Candidate must properly maintain all assigned company property and submit all expense records on a weekly basis.
- Candidate must be able to attend training courses relative to job position as needed, participate in monthly Safety meetings and notify supervisor of training needs on an ongoing basis.
- Must be able to effectively write repair activities on customer work orders;
- Must have cognitive reasoning and problem solving skills to apply knowledge, written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interface with customers (both internal & external) effectively and courteously.
- Experience with P.C. base equipment and parts information.
- Must be able to daily operate a service vehicle and drive for extended periods to reach customer’s locations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers in written and verbal formats.
- Conduct all business and social activities in a manner which reflects integrity and professional excellence