NEEDED Sr. Accountant! Responsible to support the month-end and year-end close process. Provide general accounting support to reconcile balance sheet accounts, perform expense variance analysis, work with internal and external auditors, participate in assigned projects, research and solve account system mapping problems.
- Participate in the month-end and year-end accounting close process.
- Prepare audit schedules for the external annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Work with auditors on accounting and information items as required.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations through account analysis.
- Perform expense analysis reviews.
- Identify and resolve accounting issues on a timely basis.
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide schedules for the quarterly and annual reports.
- Participate in cross training as identified.
- Drive special projects through to completion.
- Minimum of two-years general accounting experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, a plus
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Lawson or AS400 software experience, a plus
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Above average organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment
- Ability to meet deadlines and available to work until deadlines are met