Madison, MS 39110
The ACCOUNT MANAGER performs the essential functions of the position, which include supporting the service needs of clients. Specific service responsibilities are assigned. Marketing activity is required in this position. Meets sales, service, and quality standards adopted by the agency.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Pre-qualifies and analyzes prospects’ coverage needs. Recommends coverages and prepares rating quotes and proposals to sell new accounts.
- Completes applications for insurance and has insured sign them. Submits to eligible and appropriate carriers and follows up to ensure timely receipt of policies or quotations.
- Actively refers clients to Life Benefits and Commercial Lines department for solicitation of new business.
- Assists clients with making coverage changes and completes all service requests for clients.
- Informs clients of policy changes, exclusions of coverage and insurance coverage needs. Explains coverages and exclusions to clients. Uses every service contact as opportunity to review and market appropriate coverage.
- Generates documents and produces correspondence to satisfy client service requests or to provide automated information, as needed by client. Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals, using computerized system.
- Maintains orderly electronic files and information, following agency standards.
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains and updates technical manuals and understands its use to perform technical tasks and expedite customer service requests.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by agency management.
- College education or equivalent insurance experience.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Must have or be willing to acquire and maintain Mississippi (Property, Casualty, Life and Health) License.
- Full knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Ability to perform 70% sedentary work, exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally, and exert negligible force frequently or constantly to move objects, including the body. May be asked to exert up to 20 lbs of force periodically, as needed.