Alumni Engagement & Foundation Services Specialist
Jackson, MS 39211
An organization in Jackson is looking for an individual with alumni engagement and their foundation services. This individual will assist in cultivating strong relationships with members, alumni, supporters, and in seeking new sources of support from individuals through written and personal communications. The position will support the alumni association chartering processes and provide support for community, senior college, and regional alumni associations. Also supporting the operations and programming or the organization
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with and support outreach efforts for all alumni-related activities
- Help coordinate alumni and alumni association communication, including website updates, social media posts, electronic newsletters, chartering materials, and other forms of communication.
- Conduct research on alumni success outcomes and assist with developing a plan to re-integrate members into society programming and initiatives.
- Cultivate a robust social media presence and alumni network using Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and other platforms.
Provide support for the Alumni Advisory Board by documenting meetings, assisting with the development of annual goals, and reporting alumni needs to the executive leadership.
- Coordinate alumni events held at Convention and other society programs to including awards competitions, alumni/foundation booth, education forums, business meetings, and other volunteer activities.
Provide administrative support for community, senior college, and regional alumni associations.
- Work with Foundation and Alumni staff to charter new and maintain alumni associations.
- Assist with the execution of a comprehensive annual appeals program, including strategies to incorporate alumni groups, giving societies, focus on new donors, and increasing average gift amounts. Includes converting a database of 100,000+ alumni and friends to annual supporters.
- Provide excellent customer service by anticipating and exceeding the needs of our alumni and donors.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to develop fundraising strategies and integrate with Society-wide and alumni initiatives.
- Insure accuracy and integrity of database to track gift/financial and biographical information on alumni, friends, and donors.
Assist in involving staff in departmental efforts to meet the needs of the organization.
- Assist with multiple direct mail appeals annually with a high degree of customization and emotional appeal.
- Maintain relationships through mail, phone, email and in-person contacts.
- Exhibit good judgment and discretion with sensitive, confidential financial, and gift-giving information.
- Assist with annual fund calls by managing and communicating with volunteers.
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned including but not limited to, overseeing the Executive Director’s schedule, drafting and responding to correspondence, making and receiving phone calls, updating donor information, preparing and submitting expense reports, providing support for meetings and members, and preparing mailing/correspondence.
- Advance the strategic plan of the organization through engagement in the planning process at the strategic, operational, and individual levels.
- Bachelor’s degree required or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Three years’ experience in alumni relations, fundraising, annual giving or related field.
- Experience with non-profit preferred.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate and persuasively convey needed support so that individuals “buy into” the mission, vision, and goals of the Society.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and willing to assume initiative without constant supervision.