Director of Sales
Basic Job Summary:
- The main purpose of this job is to design and implement strategic sales goals for the company. Provides direction on new product launches and focuses on the overall growth within the telecommunications industry. Job requires familiarity with a variety of advanced sales concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish established goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essetial Job Functions:
- Design business plans for meeting company revenue objectives.
- Coordinate Sales Strategies and assign appropriately to specific levels for new products
- Organize, manage, and drive the sales organization to make sure it is structured and staffed to meet the tactical and strategic needs.
- Work closely with the Sales Business Units to ensure that sales strategies are implemented successfully. Ensure that feedback is provided in a timely manner.
- Develop long-range sales plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain optimized communication between all corporate business units to insure sales success.
- Work with corporate levels of distribution and coordinate with the relevant functions to maximize sales through distribution.
- Correct any major field management support problems.
- Work with other department directors to optimize field sales/support programs.
- Participate as deemed necessary in key areas or problem areas and ensure that action items are assigned and followed up.
- Budget, monitor, and control business channel expense as approved by the Vice President of Business & Product Development.
- Work with all Business Unit personnel to achieve needed field support.
- Design, develop and manage current and historical territorial and rep performance date/information.
- Work with Customer Relations department to ensure level of support required by customers will be provided both internally and externally.
Knowledge - Bachelor degree is strongly preferred. Ten to fifteen years of proven successful sales experience with high value customers within telecom or highly technical field on a regional or national leadership team. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications. Strong organization, presentation, negotiations, and communication skills, including maintaining and meeting various deadlines. Detail oriented with a background in problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task.