Jackson, (none selected)
This position will report to the company’s Vice President, Marketing and will be responsible for the company’s overall marketing strategy, reporting, and performance toward increasing sales and improving the customer experience. This person will be the point person for both traditional and digital marketing methods used.
This position is a mix of personal day-to-day execution, delegating some activities to administrative assistants, and working with third-party support vendors among areas including pay per click advertising, email marketing, online coupon, product/vendor video, social media, the company’s e commerce website, online marketplaces, and more. This position will also be responsible for sourcing and evaluating potential new 3rd party vendors and reviewing existing or new contracts/agreements.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of improving marketing ROI through regular performance analysis and effective program management. The Marketing Manager is expected to maintain up-to-date expert knowledge of marketing trends and best practices.
This position also includes:
- Working closely with internal staff to include Marketing VP, Creative Director, IT staff, Product staff, etc. to effectively identify, build and launch productive marketing campaigns – and keep others on deadlines within the scope of a project.
- Working with product vendors to define co-op marketing programs/opportunities and develop/deploy action plans to maximize co-op dollars available.
- Highly analytical approach in assessing results in various areas such as PPC, SEO, Emails, Web ads, etc. using industry tools to cross-reference and analyze large sets of data.
- Plan and implement optimization strategies to achieve high organic listings in search engine results.
- Partnering with various teams to update e commerce website functionality and improve the customer user experience.
- Conducting competitive analysis and tracking key messages and promotions.
Additionally, we are seeking an applicant who exhibits:
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization, 3rd party support companies and with product vendors.
- Self-starter mentality and idea generator who enjoys pitching new ideas and leading projects from start to finish.
- Integrity of the highest degree.
- A confident, friendly, positive attitude that shows everything you do as a welcome opportunity to learn more about the company
- An ability to treat confidential material appropriately.
- Aptitude to build working relationships with -- individuals throughout an organization, outside support companies and vendor product contacts.
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize effectively.
- Strong desire to learn product, vendors and markets that drive our company business.
- Strategic thinker and a willingness to spend time covering the details.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Require a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, or other related degree.
- At least 5 years of related work experience required.
- At least 2 years of management or project management experience required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Analytics skills are required.
The position is located at the company headquarters in Jackson, Mississippi, and involves limited overnight travel. Normal working hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, plus additional hours as needed. Competitive salary with excellent benefits with a long-time stable company.