Medical Billing Specialist II
Jackson, MS 39216
HB Cash Posting/Government Teams Department is seeking a Medical Billing Specialist II for a 12 week temporary assignment with the potential of a permanent opportunity.
- Handles complex patient account functions such as assignment and verification of insurance and medical codes, verification of contractual adjustments and payments, and review and submission of refunds.
- To ensure that all billing, charges, and claims are posted and coded accurately into the billing system.
- To correspond with third-party payers regarding claim status and submission.To generate specialized reports on insurance claims and resolves problem/issues within the reports.
- Individual will be responsible for verifying eligibility and processing medical claims for professional services.
- Individual will be responsible for Cash Posting / Data Entry; Medicare claims and denials.A high school/GED plus three (3) years of medical billing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Medical claims or insurance billing experience, Understanding of payors guidelines, EOB knowledge, posting payments, data entry, computer skills - Microsoft Office, healthcare experience is preferred.
Potential for Temporary employee to be hired