Mortgage Loan Processor II
Ridgeland, MS 39157
Candidates must be in their position for a minimum of 12 months and have a performance rating of Outstanding or High-Performing to be eligible to post for a position.
Mortgage Loan Processor II Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review loan applications for errors and omissions by originator and correct any errors
- Confirm that disclosures were signed and dated and that lock in is registered or floating
- Compare and/or pull credit report to debts on application and update trade lines with credit bureau
- Order telephone certificates, VOE, VOD and Bank Statements.
- Order case numbers for FHA or VA appraisals and request appraisal for FHA and VA.
- Update originator with documents needed and keep the originator updated with items received.
- Process loan estimates and send to applicant.
- Compile complete loan file and submit to underwriter per investor order
- Either .submitting to delegated or correspondent underwriter
- Order Flood Certificates and PMI
- Issue closing instructions or commitment letters
- Complete HMDA LAR
- Verify that information is in compliance with investor guidelines
- Maintain a monthly closing list from originators to make sure closing dates are met
- Attend training seminars and meetings
- Keep updated with investor and loan prospector updates and inform originators
- Keep updated with Desktop and loan prospector updates and/or changes and inform originators
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Bank products, services, policies, procedures and appropriate regulatory issues as related to daily job functions including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy Act; Fair Lending Act; Regulation E; etc
- Complete required compliance training and adhere to the Bank's standard of conduct
- Participation in the bank's High-Performance Rewards Connections program
- Make referrals to the Mortgage Center and Wealth Management
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred 2-5 Years of Similar or Related Experience
- General Computer and Typing Experience including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary