Jackson, MS 39211
Responsible for processing various types of payroll transactions for the agency including processing payroll in a timely and accurate manner and preparing reports.
- Obtain and prepare payroll data such as hours worked, leave, element codes, taxes, insurance to be withheld and employee identification numbers from time sheets and other records.
- Prepare computer input forms, enter data into computer files and/or compute wages and deductions and post to payroll records.
- Review wages computed and review/balance to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage and withhold payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Record data concerning transfer of employees between departments, salary adjustments and benefits.
- Review personnel expenses to be charge/debited to each department and grants for cost accounting records to ensure the appropriation of charges.
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, deductions and leave, including tax deposits, quarterly reports and annual W-2 preparation.
- Assist with gathering information for monthly/quarterly grant reimbursement requests.
- Assist CFO with preparing audit/cost report and other information as needed.
- Maintaining Ultipro payroll software and continually updating information and reconciling.
- Prepare travel expense reimbursement for MCHS Services and CARES through electronic payment processing.
- Assist with maintenance of Agency’s 403(b) Retirement Plan accounts (enrolling, terminating, transferring employees as per employment changes and election form options); bi-weekly uploads for employee deductions and employer match amounts; assist in coordinating annual audit for Plan and pull together the needed documentation
- Responsible for demonstrating sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural/socioeconomic differences in the agency/program service population.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree, and two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess a strong knowledge of standard payroll accounting concepts, practices and procedures. Must have excellent communications and computer skills. Must be willing to use personal vehicle for agency travel when required.