Lake Providence, LA
Seeking a Payroll Administrator located at our client's corporate headquarters in Lake Providence, LA. The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, processing bi-weekly payroll, maintaining payroll records, performs limited accounting-related tasks, and limited human resources related tasks. This position reports to the Human Resources Director.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support biweekly/monthly.
- Prepares and maintains new-hire and current employee files.
- Maintains employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee contact information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure, and other key details.
- Assist with the administration of health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Assists with record audits and mandatory reporting, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews.
- Performs all other duties as instructed.
Skills & Expertise:
- Maintains a valid driver’s license.
- Has a solid understanding of payroll compliance and best practices.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in high pressure situations.
- Must have excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Experience navigating and maintaining Payroll and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) is preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Strong conflict resolution and customer service skills are essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Payroll, Human Resource Information System (HRIS), General Ledger (GL), and/or related software.
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree in Business, Communication or related field with at least two (2) years of experience is preferred.
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Prolonged periods of working in an office environment.
- Must be able to lift objects not exceeding 20 pounds on occasion.