Retirement Plan Client Services Specialist
Ridgeland, MS 39157
Retirement Plan Client Service Specialist (CSS)
This position will be responsible for managing the needs of their assigned retirement plan clients by being the primary line of communication and liaison between the client, internal departments and external sources, i.e. Financial Advisor, plan contact, plan record-keeper, via telephone and electronic communication; develop, foster, and maintain positive relationships internally and externally. The Retirement Plan Client Service Specialist must be able to learn, understand, and professionally communicate 401(k) plan processes, as directed by the company, in a timely manner. This position directly contributes to client retention and client satisfaction. This position will work in multiple systems that are web-based and are required to manage their workload and assist their assigned clients, as well as perform administrative functions within the systems; effectively manage and balance multiple and sometimes competing priorities. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Seven (7) or more years of continuous account management experience
- Five (5) or more years of continuous benefit and/or retirement plan experience
- Financial, auditing, or brokerage firm experience preferred
- Operational knowledge related to benefit and/or retirement plans, i.e. deferrals, contributions, distributions, loans, calculations, testing, Form 5500, Safe Harbor, self-funded insurance plans, premiums, claims, employer sponsored savings accounts (MSA, HSA).
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to take full responsibility for assigned client plans, communicating professionally (both verbal and written) with clients, collaborating with colleagues, and proactively assisting clients.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, complete work in a timely manner, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment to create high-quality services
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional respectful service demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically manage workload and clients requests, as well as attend to detail to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment; government regulations and company/system processes and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of the Internet, web-based solutions, MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word
- High School Diploma or equivalent, i.e. GED