Jackson, MS 39211
Staff Accountant needed to prepare sales tax returns and to assist in creating accurate and timely financial records. Seeking entry level candidate with 1-3 years of experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain tax records and prepare sales tax returns, related schedules, and related reports for multi-state sales tax jurisdictions.
- Research and resolve state tax notices on a timely basis.
- Reconcile sales tax accounts to general ledger.
- Answer sales tax questions by researching and interpreting state tax regulations.
- Perform general ledger accounting duties including journal entries, account adjustments, reconciliations, and other miscellaneous financial services duties as assigned.
- Promote a customer service mindset within the Financial Services team.
- Support implementation of the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Three years of computerized accounting experience; non-profit experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Blackbaud applications and Crystal Reports preferred.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.