Supervisor for Assurance Services
- Strong project management skills
- Assumes full responsibility for supervising projects and special assignments using established Firm policies and procedures.
- Coordinates various phases of projects, budgets time and expenses, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, and reviews financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures.
- Resolves accounting and consulting problems as they arise.
- Provides supervision and the on-the-job training to staff assigned to project.
- Assigns work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities.
- Supports training of staff members, offers guidance and direction, gives constructive criticism of working papers.
- Ensures that working papers, financial statements, tax returns, and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with generally accepted professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates project’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to Managers, Senior Managers, or Partners.
- Reviews with Manager or Partner significant findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
- Prepares or reviews financial statements, notes, schedules, management letters, and tax returns for later discussion between Manager or Partner and the client.
- Assists in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff by serving as “greeters” for on-campus interviews and such other recruiting duties as needed and attend Beta Alpha Psi events, career days, and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm.
- Develops relationships with clients and provides high quality client service. Adding value to clients’ businesses is an integral part of the job requirements. Begins to learn cross-selling opportunities and refer those opportunities to more qualified professionals.
- Accepts responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
- Learns through Performance Advisor or direct Supervisor proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
- Assists in marketing and promoting the Firm.
Education: Bachelors +
Experience: 3-5 years in Public Accounting or Consulting
Audit or Banking experience preferred