Assistant Project Manager-Entry Level
Flowood, MS 39232
Preferred Steel Contractor is seeking to hire an Assistant Project Manager. Ideal Candidate would be a recent college graduate.
- Responsible to assist assigned Project Manager in the day to day project activities regarding all aspects of the projects assigned.
- Works hand in hand with the project manager to accomplish tasks assigned and must be able to complete assigned tasks with the minimum of follow up by the PM.
- Coordinate deliveries from plant and vendors to ensure accurate and timely delivery of materials, etc...
- Attend and participate in job site meetings to provide necessary input, communications and information pertinent to SSC Project Manager.
- Responsible for producing daily reports
- Review project status and coordinate with general contractor and erection subcontractors.
- Ensure all subcontractors are up to date on field use drawings.
- Responsible for making decisions on daily delivery schedules in order to ensure communication with site subcontractors, project manager, erection subcontractors.
- Temporary duty assignments at project site as needed.
- Maintain efficiency of operations through effective communication and coordination with plant vendors and suppliers.
- Responsible for daily interaction with erection subcontractors, general contractor, customers SSC PM and plant resources.
- Responsible for use of company or rented vehicle, laptop, cell phone.
- Associates Degree.
- Two year college or technical school.
- Field of study Drafting and Design or Construction Management.
- Four year degree in Civil Engineering, and / or Construction Management preferred
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook (email).
- Project management software.