Flowood, MS 39232 US
This company is Employee-focused culture with rewarding work, competitive pay, work-life balance, inclusion and diversity, and excellent benefits.
1. Directs and conducts complex and strategic financial analyses and research in such areas as revenue and expense performance, capital spending, depreciation, net investment, peer company performance, and other special projects. Knows and uses advanced financial analysis concepts, practices, and procedures.
2. Retrieves data from company databases and reporting systems. Compiles complex data and prepares clear, transparent reports, graphs, and presentations for management. Develop financial or economic models. Reviews reports for accuracy and completeness.
3. Manages revenue and expense forecasts, and projections of capital spending and rate base. Provides forecasting scenarios to support and recommend business decisions. Forecasts long-term financial results and development opportunities for the Company.
4. Primary contact with internal partners such as Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Rates & Regulatory, Corporate Accounting, and other Divisions when gathering financial information for budgets and forecasts. May represent the department on enterprise teams.
5. Provides guidance to regions/departments in the formulation of their annual expense and capital budgets. Provides input on annual revenue budget. Oversees annual budget input into the reporting system and reconciles output to budget targets.
6. Identifies and recommends financial options or strategies when evaluating business opportunities.
7. Conducts audit of financial records. Recognizes missing or incomplete information and inconsistencies or anomalies in financial research. Identifies business process problems, makes decisions, and finds solutions based on interpretation of policies and procedures.
8. Provides guidance and support for less-experienced financial staff members.
9. Performs work with minimal guidance and a high level of independent decision-making.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics and a minimum of five years' experience in financial analysis or accounting; or equivalent.
- Requires the ability to communicate, persuade and/or influence internal and external partners at a high level such as senior management on matters of a technical and/or complex nature.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to perform analyses using complex statistical, financial and accounting methods.
- Requires strong analytical skills and ability to perform independent analysis using complex statistical, financial and accounting methods.
- Requires ability to utilize the Company's database systems and available resources for data entry, reference and/or retrieval tasks.
- Requires advanced knowledge of various software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point to create complex financial documents, reports, graphs and presentations.
- Works in an office environment.
- May require travel to other offices, including possible overnight travel.
- Requires performing activities including, but not limited to, sitting, standing, using office equipment, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning, and/or lifting.
Benefits offered include:
- Medical & Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401K/Retirement Savings Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Holidays & Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Educational Assistance
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Paid Training
- LinkedIn Learning
Top Employer Recognitions
America’s Best Employers – Forbes Magazine
The 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America - Forbes Magazine
Top Places to Work - Dallas Morning News
Best Places to Work - Mississippi Business Journal
Best Place to Learn - Dallas Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
Meet Your Recruiter
Kelly Webb Collum
Meet Kelly Collum, our seasoned Professional Recruiter at Staffers since January 2000. However, she has been in the industry over 32 years alongside our President, Beth Henry. Kelly thrives on making a meaningful impact on people's lives. When not matching talent with opportunity, Kelly enjoys Spinning and has been a Reformer Pilates instructor for 27 years. In her downtime, she cherishes moments with her husband, adult children, and adorable first granddaughter. Kelly's favorite escapes? The beach and tropical islands, where relaxation meets adventure. At Staffers, Kelly finds immense reward in helping individuals secure a better future—it's truly life-changing!