IT Project Administrator
Ridgeland, MS 39157 US
Responsible for analyzing, validating, specifying, and verifying the needs of implementing IT projects. The individual serves as Project Administrator for all projects, as assigned. Works with MDT Business Analyst, programming team, and other departments to promote high-quality product development and to ensure user acceptance testing completed for new projects. Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors to assure quality and timely service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and tracks IT project as to a responsible party, timetables, description of the task, and status of a job until completed and in live SYM.
- Works proactively with development teams to ensure built-in quality throughout the entire project development and implementation process.
- Validates and verifies compliance with system specifications, standards, and documentation of test plans.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage and secure network systems.
- Research and provide timely follow-up on IT issues.
- Install PC upgrades and applicable software.
- Diagnose and resolve network/PC related issues.
- Generate system reports.
- Generate and transmit electronic files.
- Monitor host system back-ups.
- Monitor scheduled system processes.
- Maintain phone system.
- Maintain network/PC-based security patches.
- Assist with help desk calls.
- Assist with Core interfaces.
- Assist in maintaining, testing, and executing Disaster Recovery Policies and Procedures.
- Support intranet and web-based applications.
- Assist with programming.
- Attend and participate in meetings, conference calls, classes, and seminars as required.
- Promote a positive image of the credit union when working with vendors and internal/external members.
- High school graduate.
- Associate degree in business, information technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Basic knowledge in programming languages.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Attentive to detail and consistent on-time delivery.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to coordinate well with other departments and personnel.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete projects promptly.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- System Admin/Help Desk support preferred but not a requirement.