Precertification and Insurance Processing Clerk
Jackson, MS 39211
Seeking an experienced Precertification and Insurance Processing Clerk for a Jackson, MS clinic.
- Responsible for completing precertification authorization process for patients as needed.
- Assists with risk management activities by handling OSHA policy and procedure development and safety training.
- Responsible for submitting insurance claims, both manually and electronically, to third party payors.
- Responsible for executing the electronic claim submission process, including status notification from the clearinghouse. Responsible for researching and resolving any claim discrepancies on the exclusion/payor reports.
- Researches credit balances and initiates refund process.
- Answers patient questions regarding unpaid balances.
- Follow up with insurance companies ensuring claims are paid.
- Responsible for assisting at check out on busy days and when someone is out.
- Assists with other duties as requested
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of computer concepts and operations.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Prior experience in a medical office preferred
- Ability to handle high volume of telephone work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently and as part of health care team.
- Ability to organize tasks and time effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to examine insurance payments/explanation of benefits for accuracy and completeness.
- Make determinations regarding payments and adjustments to be posted.
- Ability to make mathematical computations.
- Free to operate within established policies and procedures.
Benefits will be discussed during the interview.