Residential Services Director
Jackson, MS 39209 US
Faith based organizations that has been serving Mississippi since 1896 is seeking to hire a Residential Services Director.
General Job Summary:
The Residential Services Director provides mission-focused leadership that achieves identified residential services program strategic and operational objectives. The RSD will be a collaborative, team-oriented leader who actively supports the development of a safe and supportive trauma-informed culture for clients, staff, volunteers and community stakeholders. The RSD will lead members of their team to continually improve operational efficiency and effectiveness of the residential services program. Residential Services Director (RSD) provides strategic leadership and ensures the creation, implementation and integration of the residential program and services in alignment with the organizations mission, methodology and strategic direction.
Knowledge & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field from an accredited college/university. Minimum of three years’ experience working with children/adolescents or other populations with special emotional/behavioral needs in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be eligible to be at least provisionally certified by the MS Department of Mental Health within 90 days of hire.
- Must possess the ability to learn and adapt to program needs and changes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be insurable by the organizations insurance carrier.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and shifts including 24-hour on-call, overnights, weekends, holidays and extended periods.
- Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including but not limited to CPI, CPR, First Aid, universal protocol and medication administration.
There is the possibility of requiring this position to live on campus. With this requirement this is a tax free benefit instead of a taxable perquisite. (Could be very advantageous to someone who wanted to save for a house down payment, for example!)